IF ONLY WE HAD DONE THE RIGHT THING🤭

Hello sweeties💕,
Am sorry for not updating my posts as frequently as I should, I have just been so busy with other pressing needs😊. At other times, I usually have so many things to share that I am completely confused about what to send across🤐, kindly pardon me biko🤫. 

Without wasting your time, my post is largely about reaching out to people, being somebody’s helper. I have noticed a trend & this started only recently, whenever there’s an incidence or some sort of mishap, we are drawn towards filming & amplifying on social media rather than rendering help immediately😢.. If only we had helped, if only we had extended a hand to help, rather than taking pictures, if only we had run for help rather than escalating, maybe some of those people would gotten a better fate😞😢.. I am sooo guilty.

One terrible incidence is fresh in my memory and this happened while back @ the University, Lagos State University to be precise. Well, they had caught these bunch of cultists & wanted to punish them for raping some students of the University @ Epe. My skin crawls as I recall this incidence☹️. The SUG guys brought them out publicly & burnt them alive, it’s been a while so I can’t remember the year specifically. We all stood there watching, frightful, just staring n seeing the guys crying to be freed from the fire that was burning them, For years, I was traumatised😑, it wasn’t like I could change the sentence but I could have left the scene or implored them to stop or something. The image of them crying & screaming and all that stayed with me, I had to channel those gory thoughts to better things😊. I am a better person today and I know I must speak when I need to. Our silence🤐 is robbing us all of a lot of privileges.

Enough of  stuff about me or unpleasant tales. I have a story to share, I got this off the internet, please savour it & as usual, do give me ur feedbacks🙏🏾. It speaks to my main discussion 😘

👇🏾

Kevin Carter knew the stench of death. As a member of the Bang-Bang Club, a quartet of brave photographers who chronicled apartheid-­era South Africa, he had seen more than his share of heartbreak. In 1993 he flew to Sudan to photograph the famine racking that land. Exhausted after a day of taking pictures in the village of Ayod, he headed out into the open bush. There he heard whimpering and came across an emaciated toddler who had collapsed on the way to a feeding center. As he took the child’s picture, a plump vulture landed nearby. Carter had reportedly been advised not to touch the victims because of disease, so instead of helping, he spent 20 minutes waiting in the hope that the stalking bird would open its wings. It did not. Carter scared the creature away and watched as the child continued toward the center. He then lit a cigarette, talked to God and wept. The New York Times ran the photo, and readers were eager to find out what happened to the child—and to criticize Carter for not coming to his subject’s aid. His image quickly became a wrenching case study in the debate over when photographers should intervene. Subsequent research seemed to reveal that the child did survive yet died 14 years later from malarial fever. Carter won a Pulitzer for his image, but the darkness of that bright day never lifted from him. In July 1994 he took his own life, writing, “I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings & corpses & anger & pain.” 

Courtesy: TIME 100 Photos
I feel sorry for Carter but that could have been me or anyone else. Never let situations get the most of you. Bad things happen, bad decisions also, but that doesn’t need to impact on you negatively. You must be positive at all times, don’t think too much about the past, take hold of your future because you are a great person💖. You are created for better, you are unique, awesome & distinct.

Have a delicious week guys💕🌹💖😘

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I know who proffy prof is now apparently 😊👌🏽

      Delete
  2. Great piece , we need to take responsibility for ourselves and our neighbors so we don't end up regretting but then the future still holds greater opportunities to do right. God help us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is apt & quite appreciated. Regrets creep up when we Never do the things we were supposed to do

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GROW FIERCELY & HIT SUCCESS NOW

4 SMART WAYS TO TOPPLE YOUR SKINCARE BUSINESS

WHAT ARE YOU SELLING?