IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP A MYTH🤭?

Hellloooo😊,
I miss writing here so much it hurts ..🙂😭💖... it’s like I tore myself away from my readers & myself.. I will sure step up my creative juices, I solemnly promise you all🙏🏾🌹.

It’s been a whole week of work, work & more work, I am completely snowed under with fatigue right now😂, however, I love what I do immensely😘😘.

A lady once shared an experience with me that left my mouth hanging open like those of a pre-schooler who got forced out of breast milk😌. It was not a good one, I could not fathom why she would have to pass through such an obnoxious ordeal. Moreso, it was from someone she referred to as her best friend. This story gave me the push to talk about friendships & the reality of it all. Is it real, does it totally exist without bias? Are there considerations for relationships to happen, do we think about the consequences of our actions when we do them?

 
I have had my own ups and downs🤷🏽‍♀️ as I know you would have as well. I have dealt with mine by simply avoiding alliances and keeping away from friendships that are not getting anywhere. Like my hubby would say “ some people are opportunistic pathogens😅”. What I have done through the years is to take each day as it comes, carefully ensuring that I try not to hurt anyone and avoid being hurt as well. The best way to treat people that are hugely parasitic is not to let them get too close to you and stop them from constantly barraging you with their wahala.

Friendship means a lot to me, I mean I will not start what I can’t finish. When I call you my friend,  biko😌,  fulfil your own part of the bargain, lemme also do mine. I sniff bad friends a mile off and sadly, there are so many of those right now😭.. the funny thing is, let’s not be judgemental, some do not even understand what friendship is🤭😂.

Ade & Funke were high school sweethearts, everyone loved what they shared, it was sweet, pure and just adorable. They were actually the toast of the neighbourhood..💑. Funke was friends with Bola, who also happens to be from the same state with Funke’s  boyfriend, Ade. The years rolled by & fast forward to when they eventually got into the university, all 3 of them in the University of Lagos. Funke and Bola became quite inseparable, they became besties, were course mates and loved life and lived it to the fullest. While Funke was more on the reserved side, Bola was an extrovert to the core, she was loud, vivacious and downright flirty💃🏻.. the only sad thing going on for her is that she could not keep a relationship. While Funke and Ade grew stronger, it became obvious that Bola needed to tone down her excesses a little to be accessible to the guys that matter. Ade never really liked Bola and he made it clear to Funke that he totally disapproved of what she shared with Bola. Fast forward to their final year in the University, Funke suddenly noticed a change in Ade’s character, he suddenly became moody, was loath to pick her calls and had become really touchy😐.. She could not just put her hands to it but it seemed they suddenly gradually drifted apart, eventually they parted ways and moved on but Funke never truly understood what happened. A year later, she was on Instagram going through Bellanaijaweddings and it struck her that a particular couple looked really familiar, she zoomed and lo and behold! , it was her own Ade and her former best friend Bola😳😱. As if she couldn’t believe her eyes, she hurriedly checked the pictures and also stumbled on a video , this made Funke confirm her worst fears, it was true, Ade was married to Bola. Funke could not just believe it, she didn’t know how to comprehend the pictures that were right before her. So, the rumors were true, Bola & Ade had a thing going even when they were back at School??😱, it was quite unbelievable! No wonder Bola seemed quite unperturbed when she told her she had broken up with Ade. At that moment, life taught Funke multiple lessons, she knew she needed to move on and let bygones be bygones, she knew she had to just let go. Nothing else mattered to her anymore, her own best friend? How could she continue life, would she ever trust anyone again? What were her chances in trusting another guy with her heart? Who would be there for her in her low times? Her resolve was to completely shut off friendships and stay off men..🙁

There are so many similar stories like those, a lot of sweet Friendships have been ruined by third party interference and bad friends 👫 in sheep clothing. What are the signs to look out for? How would you have dealt with Funke’s blow if it had happened to you, what is your conclusion to that fleeting story? I have heard a lot and they just made me cry 😢. The things that people go through for love or friendships🤔. The sacrifices and the cross that others have to carry, the burdens, the hurt and the grudges. Some have scars that have refused to heal. I had one that took me a while to recover from.. Oh! Trust me, it was not easy, I almost lost my mind but I knew losing my mind wouldn’t help me a bit. I needed to get past the hurt and live my life with purpose😘

To the lady or guy shattered by a friendship gone sour, please pick up the pieces left and forge on, we meet such people so we can handle bigger challenges that come our way in the future. Allow your heart to trust and love again. Remove all traces of grudge and malice because that’s the way to destruction. To heal, you must let go. I don’t think there are true friendships, one mark for me of true frinshdip is love and sacrifice, if those are not included, forget it, you are just in a franchise or a partnership🤷🏽‍♀️

What is your stance on Friendship?
What would you do if you were Funke in the story?
Was Bola justified to date or even marry Ade since Funke and him broke up?
Where is Ade in all of this ?
Chat me up as usual on whatspp 08023289156
Or
Jisola.aina@gmail.com

Thanks so much🌹💖


Comments

  1. There is no true Friends out there but only Jesus is the true friend we have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you actually. I have seen people and families go through so much for friendship & @ the end of the day, they end up becoming bitter enemies ... it’s sad

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GROW FIERCELY & HIT SUCCESS NOW

4 SMART WAYS TO TOPPLE YOUR SKINCARE BUSINESS

WHAT ARE YOU SELLING?