Spare me a little bit of your time. Part 2๐Ÿ’–

Happy Independenceee๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒน
Am super privileged to see Nigeria ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ @58, it’s also my elder sisters birthday, she’s same age as Nigeria๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ. Without wasting time, let me regale you with the concluding part of my story๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š.

So, I went for an audition and the guy, who apparently owns one of the thriving soft sell magazines back then asked that I take off my clothes as he needs to see the package that will sit on the front page of his magazine which was a hit back then. I felt it was random & I proceeded to unbutton my shirts ๐Ÿ‘š..I was rather hesitant tho๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘, on the second button, I noticed, he had started pulling down the blinds in the office and I am like “ please, what’s going on here?”๐Ÿ™„. The rest is a long story as I ran out of that dungeon with my dignity intact and him looking really stupid! ๐Ÿ˜‚

So, after Youth service, I started work as a budding journalist at Encomium Ventures, we were the A -list classy soft sell back then, when I go to cover events, I walk in there with style, I just love journalism, I love to write stories, investigative journalism, to create a buzz around an event or personality was my tuff. I thank God for Mr. Kunke Bakare who honed only the best, apparently because of the trainings we all had from him, a lot of us are doing well and furthering our careers as expected. Amongst those privileged to pass through Encomium are Azuh Arinze, who now owns Yes International, Ayeni Adekunle of BHM & many other thriving businesses, Seun Apara, who was our entertainment guy like Ayeni, he also now runs a travel agency but still writes, Aloba was our style guru as well, he currently runs a thriving blog and many other concerns, Kemi Lawal,  was my paddie  for jungle and twinnie but went on to work at Daily Independent & now Punch & of course my humble self, Jisola๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ. I just couldn’t mention everyone, so pardon me if I left your name out somewhat๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ❤️.

Working at Encomium gave me all the push. I was poached from there and moved on to Celtron Group, which had Benjamin Black & Horizon Newspapers ,Mr. Dapo Adelegan was just awesomely kind.  I ended up working as a style editor and enjoyed every single moment there. I forgot to mention my sweet natiured Seyi Owolabi who also joined me from Encomium, we did stuff together, we wrote, we explored and of course I moved on again from there ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™ˆ. Did I also mention that before this time, I had done contract jobs for MTN? For me, doing stuff for MTN was the real deal๐Ÿ˜Ž but papa God had His own plans for me, I also didn’t have a god-father to push for me. Back then, till date, all the jobs were based on referrals. Thanks to Segun Adebowale for seeing that potential in me and giving me the needed push to move on after I left Encomium. Last I heard from him, he moved from Celtron group as well to Ovation  Magazineworking for Dele Momodu.

This is about my work thus far, the jobs I have done & why you need to look within you for those hidden potential. Something always pushed me @ every point & that’s basically to be the best @ whatever I do. I always strive to come tops๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ.. , to make my bosses happy & my colleagues as cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž as possible. There were horrible times, I must confess, times when I almost gave up trying, times when I was stabbed by those I deemed to call my own ๐Ÿ‘ฌ friends ๐Ÿ‘ญ. There were times I felt alone & so disappointed but my Bible & family spur me on. They knew I was stronger than I looked. Each time, I got discouraged, like David, I encouraged myself in the Lord๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜˜.

Well, I eventually found myself in the School environment & worked as a Business Development Officer @ Chrisland Schools Limited, I later got promoted. Oh! I enjoyed myself there immensely, I learnt a whole lot from my immediate boss ,Mr. Jide Onigbogi. He was the Business Development Manager. He allowed me to shine & I totally appreciate him for those times๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ. Chrisland Schools will always be home ๐Ÿ  to me. Yes, each job had its hiccups but my better  times were right there while doing my job. Trust me, my job role offered no dull moment, you had to be spot on, you had to be a good communicator, you just needed to have everything going on. I would work there all over again without batting an eyelid๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ. God bless you Mrs. Adeyemi๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’–, God Bless the Awosikas๐Ÿ’–!❤️๐ŸŒบ

Omgoshhhh๐Ÿค—, I didn’t know I was going to spin my story around so many angles o.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…. Then came the trips & trainings to the ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom. My dear people, knowledge is power, knowledge is freedom, it liberates, it makes you talk, it delivers confidence in you, right on your laps๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ. Your thinking faculty expands beautifully & you begin to see stuff from a wider perspective, rather  than from a myopic standpoint. I love the UK & I got massive family there too. Moreso, that’s where my step-mum is from, the Isle of Man. Each time I talk about my step-mum, I feel completely white & British๐Ÿ˜. Love wouldn’t let me ๐Ÿ’–be, I dint marry a white guy afterall ooo๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ, God gave me the most handsome black guy with a white guys heart, reasoning, mindset & pedegree๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ❤️๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง.

Mr. Onigbogi & my darling hubby encouraged me to go back for my Masters degree , this was exactly 10 years after my first degree @ Lasu, the “ fake” lawyer girl from Ondo State & Edo States respectively forgot about  Schooling & work choked her schedules. Hubby bought the form, filled it, the only thing he dint do is to write my exams๐Ÿ˜‚. Today guys , I have a Masters degree in Public & International Affairs. I give all glory to God, I also passed well o Bc am a bookish Ondo babe ooo๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ.

There’s so much to talk about guys, I just want to reach out to someone out there. Do not think what I painted above was an easy ride because it was not. I had to leave work everyday @ 4pm to drive to Unilag for lectures, I got home late, every single night for the entire period of my Masters & trust me, that was no jokes @ all. I bless God that I eventually got my reward๐ŸŒน

Whatever you find yourself doing now, please save a little to equip yourself, you never know what tomorrow holds. Working in different places wasn’t particularly about money for me, it was about my passion for equipping & learning & gathering. I had the insatiable appetite to do more & more๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š.

I will conclude my story tomorrow or sometime soon but please, watch๐Ÿคญ the decisions you take regarding your life, they could make or mar you. At those times when  mistakes are made, please pick yourselves up, move along to improve yourself . Three presumably stupid words get me going, this is even when I disagree with you and my step mum taught us those. Those words are Sorry, Please, Thankyou!

I love you all so much❤️๐Ÿ˜˜
Thanks for reading my rants
Have a Fab Independence Day
Jisola๐ŸŒน

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Greatness come by diligence to pursuit of set goals and God's grace, I wish you will continue to be Who He want you to be. More successes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much bro. I totally appreciate the feedback❤️

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I totally appreciate you my dear bro from another mum. You are special. Thanks for reading & even dropping a comment. It encourages me to move on

      Delete
  3. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Šhmmn. Nice. Detailed. Informative. What a trail of stories. Inspiring. ๐Ÿ™‹‍♂️๐Ÿ™‹‍♂️cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I am totally committed to sharing my stories & spreading as many inspirational issues that will impact on as many as read my posts. My experiences may be something somebody out there needs to stand tall.
      Thanks so much again๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  4. On point Jisola. We all gat stories to tell...Every one who got where he is started from where he was. Keep on soaring.๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eunice... stories make us get to the point where we get to appreciate God more๐ŸŒน

      Thanks so much

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GROW FIERCELY & HIT SUCCESS NOW

4 SMART WAYS TO TOPPLE YOUR SKINCARE BUSINESS

WHAT ARE YOU SELLING?