Spare me a little bit of your time please🙏🏾

Hellooo💖,
How have you all been? Awesome I hope? It has taken me time to put up this particular piece, simply because I needed to be certain I am doing the right thing. I am soooo overjoyed right now👋🏾🕺🏼 & that’s exactly what I want to share. I feel by writing this, I would have impacted in someone’s life out there that’s just about to take a life-changing decision.

Maybe I need to introduce myself again😁. My name is ‘Jisola, that’s a little abridged from “ “Mojisola”. Most of my chums call me “ Meg “ , which is my English name & short for “ Margaret. I really love being called Meg because it reminds me of Margaret Thatcher of the United Kingdom. Other than that, I prefer my native roots as a Nigerian, main reason why I then decided to be called Jisola which most people actually call me now🌹

My long life dream has always been to have the title “Barrister” attached to my name, nothing else mattered, I wanted it so much that I used to practice being in the courtroom in my minds eye by arguing over an issue endlessly 😂, this was in my teen years. You could be right yeah, but I would always look for a way to prove that you are wrong. Totally untrained, this charade of course never played out well😊. Back in those days, in the early 90s, it was the norm in secondary School for 10 persons out of 10 to say they wanted to be lawyers & doctors🤷🏽‍♀️😃. I, Jisola, never wanted to be left out. I already had the pedegree. We were raised by a British Step-mum who is adept @ teaching & a dad who was almost not Nigerian.. phew!😅.. you simply dare not speak what my dad called “ vernacular “at home, it was totally forbidden🤔. At an early age, our tenses were formed, we could read, speak perfect grammar etc , so for me, it gave me the perfect platform to believe I could study Law @ the University👗🕶.

Anyway, fast forward to years later, I had to opt for Sociology & Anthropology @ Lagos State Universitybecause it had become really tough to get admission to study Law in Nigerian Universities. Your cut off mark must be on point & you must totally know someone.. ugh 😑. I was not satisfied but then, things were properly playing out as they should . I pursued my career with tenacity of purpose & graduated🙆🏽‍♀️🕺🏼💃🏻🙏🏾. I enjoyed my classes, my classmates, my School but guess what? I wanted Unilag 😂 initially.

Then came the Youth Service, I served @ Yobe State & then started to hone my Communication skills, took some courses here & there, I was not too keen on law anymore but I was totally jealous of my friends that studied Law🙈😊. Since I worked @ the OBS, things worked out & I was posted to the state Capital, Damaruru as a “ big” girl. My dear heart goes out to those lives that were lost soon after we left youth service in 2005. Boko Haram was prevalent in those areas as there were  predominantly an ample percentage of Christians in those regions. May their souls rest in perfect peace🙏🏾😖.

After my youth service, I decided to look for a lush job, of course I had everything all planned out. I knew I wanted a nice house, cool hubby( must be British White), perfect Children, lots of cash to spend😎. I just wanted to make it. Haa😱! I almost forgot, did I also mention that I did a little modelling & ushering here &there❤️🕶? I loved life but I also loved God more. However, concerning those my above listed  life goals( I assumed it was perfect @ the time) nothing else mattered.

I never got the lush job oooo😃, Incase that’s the next paragraph you are waiting to read😂. Let me just share one of my very bad experiences during my aspiring modelling career. This was of course just before Youth Service in 2002. Guys, I never knew I was walking into a trap! I had heard horrid tales of how ladies were hounded & maltreated all because they wanted to model, I have heard others say they were never paid after working so hard or they were even underpaid🤔😑. I, Jisola🤷🏽‍♀️, I didn’t  want that oooo. As usual I decided I would use my “ fake” lawyer stunts to win my case I ever had such obnoxious episodes

To be Continued.....

Let me hear from you. Send mails to Jisola.aina@gmail.com or just sms my number as usual. Like I usually emphasise, you can also share your stories for people to learn. You may just be helping somebody out🙌🏾

I will continue the part 2 of this exciting journey tomorrow🙏🏾
Have fun & Happy Independence In Advance🌹

Cheers xoxoxo💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GROW FIERCELY & HIT SUCCESS NOW

4 SMART WAYS TO TOPPLE YOUR SKINCARE BUSINESS

WHAT ARE YOU SELLING?