WHAT ARE YOU SELLING?

Copied:
So I slept in an Islamic hotel last night... This table in my room has an inscription that looked like AL Qaeda and sincerely, I was terrified ☺. I Googled the word immediately and discovered that the inscription is actually a sign that shows the direction Muslim guests should face when it's prayer time. The toilet and bathroom had Islamic design and the receptionist wore Islamic fashion. I was served Ram ๐Ÿ sausages during breakfast and they maintain a list of rules for guests.
 While paying some money to the manager last night, I asked him why their hotel bore such obvious Islamic signature and this was his reply "Mr. Charles, our vision here is to use this hotel as a platform to expose people to our peaceful religion. Maybe before you leave here, you might change your perception about Islam" He said with calm smiles. I paid him and ran up stairs to rest. I had had a very hectic day.
This morning, I checked out of the hotel and the manager wasn't around. He phoned me few minutes ago to chat about my experience with the hotel. I told him I didn't like a few things (I always give honest feedback to hotels to help them improve their services, not to insult them).... Then he asked me what I liked about them and I said "it was peaceful".... Guess what his reply was??? ๐Ÿค” Well, he joyfully said to me "Islam is Peace... We might have a few bad eggs but true Muslims are peace loving".... That was evangelism.... I liked his strategy... Admitting also to the existence of some "bad eggs" in Islam was a way to win my trust.... That's exactly what I have been trying to teach Christians - take Christ to the marketplace. Stop locking Jesus inside the four walls of your denominations. Stop inviting people to your church in order to experience Jesus. Invite them to your work place or business place to experience to the atmosphere of Christ in your sphere of influence. And also admit that there a few bad eggs who are misrepresenting Christ to our generation. That's genuine evangelism. Evangelism happens at the Marketplace, not inside the church. Evangelism upholds the Truth... We don't have to hide the negative truth of our faith in order to evangelize the unsaved.

I have said it before... The most strategic people are Muslims while the most selfish ones are Christians. How many Christian hotel owners can insist that alcohol, drugs etc aren't allowed on their premises? How many Christian business owners can insist on doing business the Godly way instead of trying to cheat others in their quest to make money?
Friends, we need to rethink Evangelism. We need to turn our marketplace into a platform for non-worded evangelism - evangelism without words.
When I left that hotel, I realized that there was no atom of Islamophobia left in me. I now know the difference between AL qeblah and AL Qaeda. I learnt this because a Muslim decided to take Islam out of the mosque ๐Ÿ•Œ and bring it into the marketplace.
My desire is that a non believer in Christ would step into my office too and learn of the Finished Work of Christ without me saying a word. Talk about a wordless evangelism. The world has heard too many words from us, it's now time to preach to them without saying a word.
Maranatha.

I just had to share the above as it has greatly inspired me. Guess what? Our life should reflect Gods glory, let’s love unreservedly, give without expecting anything in return.

I hope you have been touched?
I love feedbacks๐Ÿ’–
Do share your comments or whip me a quick mail on Jisola.aina@gmail.com✍️
Thanks soooooo much๐ŸŒน

Comments

  1. YES I CONCOUR TO THIS WRITE UP,let us all portray the teachings of the Quran and the Bible in a more pleasing way to our creator not patronising human appearance alone and hiding the lessons in the Holy books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ˜Š
      Absolutely! Thanks for the feedback. I am tired of the fights . Most of my lovely friends are Muslims. Will I allow our religious differences to destroy our friendship? No way๐Ÿ˜Š

      A lot of us hv caused more rancour than peace with our religious beliefs

      Delete
  2. This word is what the future is. Especially now that people are made to work on Sundays. The church are the persons in it and not the 4 walls of a building where there is a gathering every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I wish I know who wrote this? Absolutely apt��.. people have forgotten that we are the Church actually not the buildings. It’s sad. Thanks so so much��

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting read. More people need to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much my sis. No one else calls me Prof ��‍�� ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly beautiful,most people from the Islamic countries are the most peaceful people on heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for The feedback. I have met some very awesome Muslim folks trust me, well mannered, kind and true. What’s happening all over the world is not helping at all. It’s putting us Gretzky against each other

    ReplyDelete
  9. Religion should be about our relationship with God, whoever we call him, and sharing that love and peace with others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GROW FIERCELY & HIT SUCCESS NOW

4 SMART WAYS TO TOPPLE YOUR SKINCARE BUSINESS